If you are using DOKKA with an ERP that can't be integrated directly and isn't supported officially, you should use our 'Default ERP' integration. In this kind of integration, different kinds of data (Accounts, Tax types and JEs) will have to be uploaded to Dokka and downloaded from Dokka. Like other integrations, this option has some defaults and settings. You can set them in the Settings --> Integrations section.
After setting up your company, go to Settings > Integrations, scroll down to 'Export to Excel/CSV' and click 'Activate'.
to be added
Adding data (accounts, tax types, etc.) to Dokka
Different kinds of data items (accounts, tax types, etc.) can be either set manually one-by-one, or by importing a CSV file with multiple data entries.
To learn more about adding multiple data entries, kindly go to this article.
**** manually - to be added
Export to Excel/CSV:
First, prepare the file with your "lists" for upload.
Please download the attached file
This is a template for you to follow.
- Column A is required and tells DOKKA what type this value is
- Account: from the Chart of Accounts
- Vendor: Accounts Payable contact
- Customer: Accounts Receivable contact
- Category: Tracking Category, Class, or other optional field
- Tax Rate: must be formatted as the name, space, rate as shown in the template
- Bank: payment account, formatted as name of the account
- Credit: payment account, formatted as name of the account
- Category: one of three generic fields that can be used to store a list (similar to a Class or Tracking Category in some accounting systems)
- Category2: one of three generic fields that can be used to store a list
- Category3: one of three generic fields that can be used to store a list
- Column B is required and holds the value of the list item
- Column C is optional and holds a code corresponding to the list item
Save the file as a CSV file. To do this click on File --> Save As. In the File Format box select Comma Separated Values or .csv. Save the file where you will find it.
Now you can upload it to DOKKA. If you are not already in the Settings screen, click the settings icon at the top right and click the Integrations tab. Select "Export to Excel/CSV Only.".
Click on Import "Import account setup (CSV format)" and upload the .CSV file with your lists.
If you get an error message, please correct the issue and try again to upload the file. Once the file is uploaded, click Save and go back to the Workspace.
When you export the transactions, you will have the option to export in Excel or csv formats (there is also an IIF option for Quickbooks Desktop). DOKKA also offers customized export formats for certain ERPs. If we support your accounting system, make sure to select the correct format from the "CSV/Excel export format" list in the Settings --> Integrations page, as shown above.
Time to Work
Now you can process documents with your lists ready to work for you. To learn how to process documents, check out these articles:
The export format list contains ERPs that have different import requirements. DOKKA can export the data in a format that matches the import format for the listed systems.
There are three generic fields in the line item grid in the bookkeeping entry form. These are similar to a Tracking Category in Xero or Class list in Quickbooks.